Reopening After Lockdown
Jun 09, 2020
Firstly we would like to say it goes without saying we are all part of living history and are in unprecedented times.
Our heart goes out to all our key workers who have been working hard to look after us during these difficult times.
We have been sent many messages via Facebook and Instagram sending us well wishes and asking for style advice and wishful reopening updates.
It goes to say we have never felt so appreciated...Thank you!
However, we haven't been sitting idle and we appreciate that reopening will look very different from normal life in a Barbershop.
The shops have had a coronavirus revamp to make it possible to keep you and our barbers as safe as we possibly can. It's been complicated, frustrating, and time-consuming but we now believe we are ready for as long as it lasts to tackle this new normal.
To keep the information as simple as possible, we have put together some answers to questions that have been put to us about reopening.
When Will We Reopen?
After much confusion, Hairdressers, beauticians and barbers were finally categorized by the government as hospitality and we would be able to reopen in Stage 3 of their plan to unlock the country.
This means as long as the "R" rate remains below 1 we will be able to reopen on Saturday 4th July
Of course, this is not a definite date and the tabloids come out with a new spin on different dates every day. This is frustrating for all of us.
How Will We Stay 2 Meters Apart and Remain Safe?
This is the million-dollar question. We don't know either as it's impossible to cut someone's hair without touching them. We have as yet had no guidelines from the government so, for now, we have created our own guidelines and followed our industry guidelines from the National Hair & Beauty Federation.
- We have installed screens between each section
- Barbers will wear a mask, face shield or both
- Barbers temperatures will be taken twice a day
- Your temperature will be taken on arrival via a non-contactless gun
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands-on entry to the shop
- Each section will be sanitised between each appointment
- New client, new gown, for every service
- Clients will be asked to bring and wear their own mask
- Barbers will wash their hands before starting new service
- No waiting area (due to avoiding cross-contamination, more on this subject later)
- Card payments only
What do I need To Bring?
- A face mask, we would love to provide them but financially it's not possible as they are pretty scarce right now. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide any service without one so remember to bring your own.
- Come on your own, it is not possible to bring any other family members as we have a limit to the number of people we can have in our shops at any one time.
- Refreshment and reading material, it will not be possible to provide refreshments or magazine, however, we expect you will have a lot to catch up on with your barber
- You will be called the day before to update your details on our database. Please be assured that we will never pass on your details to any other party and your details are for the use of contacting you if need be.
How Will I Know When My Barber is Ready?
- Your Barber will text you when he is ready for your appointment. It is really important you are close to your chosen MK Barbershop as we will be on a tight schedule and we will not be able to accommodate lateness as it will impact the rest of our day.
- The County Mall Only-There will be a restriction to the number of people allowed in The Mall at any one time. If you arrive at the Mall and there is a queue to enter, show the security guard your appointment reminder text and you will be allowed through. Please allow plenty of time to get through this process.